Sunday, October 09, 2011

Old roads quiz (2) – Singapore’s newest road

About a year ago, I saw them building this short stretch of road. They cleared the trees, leveled the surface, paved it and put up the lamp posts. I thought; surely the road would be opened to traffic soon. But one year down the road, it is still barricaded at both ends.


Anyway, I am not complaining. It is ideal for my brisk-walking exercise – lots of greenery and fresh air, and zero vehicular traffic ….. that is until one of these noisy machines come along and churn out tons of black smoke. Thankfully since a couple of months ago, this has become a thing of the past.

Question. Do you know where is this place?

5 comments:

Teo Choo Siong said...

old holland road, near MGS...that stretch has a sad history, something that happened to a convent girl back in 1984...

stanley said...

What happened to the convent girl in 1984? Tell us leh.

Lam Chun See said...

She was from CJC, not convent. I blogged about this a long time ago here

Icemoon said...

I have not visited the old road and they completed the new one already.

Teo Choo Siong said...

yes, Chun See is right...from CJC, IJ before that...I remembered cos all her friends from IJ were mourning in my JC when it happened...sad and probably one of the reason why the whole place was flattened after that...it was a forested area..