Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Project Neighbourhood @ Okto Channel


Please tune in to Okto Channel tomorrow night at 10 pm to catch Episode 3 of Project Neighbourhood. Tomorrow’s episode is on Jurong. Previous episodes covered Geylang and Toa Payoh.


You will be able to see a snippet(s) of me narrating about my ‘army daze’ in Safti, Jurong in the early 1970s. Among other things, I will be describing what the landscape of Jurong was like in those days; for example, the places I saw on the way to camp along the route of Green Bus 175, as well during our topo training; such as the cemeteries and farms.

And yes, I would also share about the unforgettable feeling of seeing the lights of Jurong from Safti magazine tower 3 in the dead of the night, punctuated occasionally by the sound of live firing and the illumination from mortar flares behind me. And of course, what recollection of Safti is complete without the mention of Peng Kang Hill?

They interviewed me at my home last month …. on my birthday actually … haha.

The details again:
Programme: Project Neighbourhood (3) – Jurong
When: Thursday, 13 October 2011, 10 pm


Related posts:

1) What Melvin missed
2) A Jog down memory lane

6 comments:

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

Raining outside Chun See. Hey, you look great, the stance and personality of a movie star.

Soon you'll be producing your own documentaries, which I think is food for thought.

Ryan said...

I found your website through RememberSingapore website.
Thank you for the interesting content on your blog..I will be sure check out the TV show tomorrow

Ivan Chew said...

From "uncle you rock" blog to mainstream paper to mainstream TV. So you've not covered radio, or have you? :) steady lah!

Lam Chun See said...

Regarding radio, I was featured in the Passion People prog on 938Life a couple of years ago. But unfortunately did not get to hear myself. The producer did not keep his promise to alert me when the programme was aired; but some of my friends told me about it.

peter said...

Wah Chun See lei hai ho hung. Did I hear you are one of the passionate people?

OK can teach us a thing or two about love.......

Lam Chun See said...

My apologies to frens for the disappointingly short appearance. After asking so many questions they only showed a few seconds of my answers last nite :(

I wonder if they could be saving the matl for another prog. Apparently they planning another prog about the early days of NS. Anyway, I lost interest liao.