Sunday, October 16, 2011

Stay hungry, stay foolish

On my way home a while ago, I was driving next to this reckless bus driver who drove his bus like a Formula One racing car. OK I exaggerate.

At first I thought it was an empty bus on the way back to the bus depot. And then I saw the driver jam his brakes, whilst trying to overtake me from the left, when he saw some passengers wave from a bus stop. Then I realized that there were actually passengers in the bus.
A thought occurred to me. He must have read Steve Jobs’ famous Stanford speech. Maybe he was hungry. Most likely it’s the latter.

4 comments:

R. Burnett Baker said...

Or maybe he should find another job. Wouldn't want my life in his hands!!

Zen said...

Probably the driver was behind his time schedule that was why he sped like a 'demon'. He jammed his brake to stop for waving passengers because complaints against him for not picking up passengers would land him in serious trouble, either having to face disciplinary action or losing his bonus or both.

Lam Chun See said...

If he had encountered the group of cyclists who cycle down Sixth Ave every Sunday morning at Tour de France speeds, he will be singing this Bee Gees song all the way to Changi Prison - Tragedy.

fr said...

I think he got stomachache.